23/09/2010

kelly & somik

Kelly is another one of my bride's that has been with me from the very beginning. She got in contact back in November last year and we have been emailing back and forth.... but what you don't expect is an email six months before the wedding saying... 'There's a bit of an issue with our venue... ummm... it's burnt down'. So a frantic search to find a new venue began and when Kelly came back saying that they'd found somewhere and it was The Hospital Club in Covent Garden I was a wee bit excited! Not only is this place a funky, unusual space with amazing food but after spending the day there I would recommend Caz and her wonderful team to everyone! Easily the best wedding coordinator I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
The actual wedding ceremony was held at Bromley Public Hall and if you see the picture of Arthur Lovell (10th image down)... that can be found in the entrance of the hall and is actually Kelly's Great-Grandfather. On Armistice Day in 1928 Arthur saved a child from being run over by a truck and was killed himself. It was a big story at the time and his portrait is there in his memory. It seemed such a lovely tribute to him that his Great-Granddaughter was getting married there and one of Kelly's close friends read the story of what happened in the ceremony.
It was such a lovely day and I think both Kelly and Somik would agree that the new venue ended up simply perfect and once everyone had eaten the gorgeous wedding breakfast and listened to some fantastic speeches the evening kicked off with another very funny photo booth!






















































10 comments:

  1. these are great... love the shoes and phone shot! also love your choice in situ for your couply shots. brillopads! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one with the reflection in the red strip and the 24...very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. high five my friend...gorg as ever.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool.... and really nice to see a bride wearing specs for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mind? blown.
    freakin' love the "24" shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love them!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't decide what my favourite is - I think it might be the one in the lift at the moment.

    Finding that launderette was such a stroke of luck!

    Kelly (flying the flag for four eyed brides everywhere)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely treatment, and beautifully observed. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete