20/05/2010

home

I'm home.







I've been away on tour for the last five weeks and it has been the busiest, most hectic time of my life. Ever. I said yes to the tour way before all the photography kicked off properly and suddenly I found myself away from my computer with a mountain of work to do. I must admit it has been really tough. I absolutely loved the tour and wouldn't have wanted anybody else to do it but I kind of thought I could fit in starting the business, meeting clients, emails, doing shoots and editing around it and it would be fine.
Our last show was on Tuesday in Derby and I have got home and sat in my house with a huge smile on my face. I haven't been home properly for what feels like forever. I did the odd day back to Brum and frantically washed clothes and copied images to CD ready to take with me and edit on the road but that was it... I cannot tell you how good it feels to sit on my sofa, wash my dishes, sleep in my own bed.
At home also lives my two boys. Pete and Maximo (my cat) are my little family and I miss them so much when I'm away. It's just so nice to wake up and get a kiss from Pete and a head butt from Max and it's something that you tend to take for granted when it's there all the time.
What I've also missed is just taking a photo for myself. I've been so busy that I don't tend to take photos for me anymore. To be honest I think about taking some and then think about having to edit them and that takes time and I have so much editing to do anyway... blah, blah, blah. But I need to. I need to make time to. I miss it.
This is my first personal post for a while and it feels strange. I think it's because when I used to write personal stuff nobody really read my blog, nobody commented (and if I got 1 comment I'd do a little excited dance). Now people read it and people comment so in a way you feel more exposed.... but I still want to be me.

10 comments:

  1. Oh I love that framed picture of you both in the field.. Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Emma! Wonderfully captures that warm feeling of being home and there really is no place like it :) I really love your style x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww never knew you had that photo framed. This makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have loads of photos up around your house...You have have inspired me to sort out my photos and get some printed and framed.

    Hope you get lots of kisses and head butts from the family today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris Barber - Of course we did! We love it so much... we got it printed big too... photos are for walls, end of. Can you spot your other shot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that game kept me occupied for five actual minutes. always feels strange to see your images around peoples homes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about writing about personal stuff. When I do a photo post then I get lots of views and some comments, but when it isn't a photo post...crickets take over.

    And boy oh boy do I know about taking on too much at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey do I see a Canadian maple leaf on a hockey puck on your bookshelf??! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeek, its so cool to see our 'save the date' on your board. Also love the photo of you and pete. Any pics of the lovely maximo?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a brand new appreciation for these pictures now :)

    ReplyDelete