24/08/2010

michelle & greg

Editing this wedding has been quite an experience. When Michelle and Greg first got in contact they expressed how much they were wanting a low key affair... a gorgeous ceremony then a small reception at Greg's Grandma's house with just close friends and family. It was to be a Jewish ceremony at the London Synagogue and when I arrived my jaw, literally hit the floor. It's a somewhat unassuming building from the outside but it is so, so beautiful inside (hence quite a few pictures of it). I was absolutely transfixed through the ceremony... the whole thing was amazing... the Rabi sang a lot of the ceremony and the traditions were so wonderful to watch... when Michelle entered she had to circle Greg a number of times and then Greg had to stamp on a glass... I was quite emotional through the whole thing.
When we arrived back at the house, at first, I will admit, I was a little taken aback... I was in wedding mode and already Michelle had expressed that she didn't need 'getting ready shots' and here we were with no sit down meal, no speeches, no first dance... you suddenly feel a bit worried... How am I going to take wedding photos?? Well this is one big fat huge lesson learnt... as I've sat editing this wedding I've realised something. You don't need 'getting ready' shots, you don't need speeches, you don't need a sit down meal... you just need people and emotion and however corny it may sound... you need love... and Michelle and Greg have that in abundance. They adore each other.... and Greg adores his Grandma... and that's why they had their reception at her house... they wanted her to be a part of it without having to go too far. I will admit that I don't think I've ever had a game on the Nintendo Wii as part of the reception but why the hell not?? Thank you Michelle and Greg for really opening my eyes and making me think differently. Your wedding was simply beautiful.
















































































14 comments:

  1. Amazing details and that building woweeee and of course washed down with much love and happiness.Gorgeous photography as ever and inspiring.joanna.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, but then I love all your work. It just gets better and better. Like a feast for the eyes!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, the ones at the Grandma's home make me feel like I'm actually there. You're so right Emma, when a couple are so in love, everything else falls into place. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable bride she is! I think you've done an excellent job of capturing the love at the reception - you're right, you dont' need anything else, especially when you have as much love as this couple obviously does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the champers next to the washing machine shot. And the telephone stand. Jo's right, I felt like I was there when I was looking through these images.

    Well done, and congratulations to the gorgeously sweet couple, may your married life be abundantly loving. (I'm not sure abundantly can be used in that context, but forgive me, they look just so lovely I felt like saying it)

    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!
    Such a beautiful couple and so in love.
    I am blown away by how you managed to capture such intimate and beautiful moments.

    As always, such inspirational images.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the story of this wedding. Really, very intimate and personal and so beautifully captured. Each frame is so thoughtful.
    You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the epic shots of the synagogue, I love the cool session with this supercute couple you can so tell you're in cool London, and the I love the familial feel to the shots arond the house, the glass handle, the picture frames, the washing machine. It's like you weren't even there as everything feels so organic. You so totally rock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stuff Emma.. Really great photostory and I love the Grandma's house.. gives such a personal view into their lives

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have got a magic touch Emma, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Emma, beautiful couple, beautiful photographs, I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well here I am about to comment on how beautiful this wedding is... how lovely you tell stories... how beautifully you connect with your couples, how peaceful and real and true your photos are! And there you are up the top right corner of your blog twittering at us.... YES we want to come to London and YES we want to meet you and YES we'll bring sun. Until then... keep taking splendidly beautiful photos... and we'll keep staring at them... sighing over how oh so lovely they are :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful place to have a ceremony, so much character! The images show a real chemistry between the couple and I love the newspaper date shot! x

    ReplyDelete