27/02/2011

photo night live...

A few weeks ago I got an email from Ross Dean asking if I would be interested in doing an interview for his new project Photo Night Live. Ross had the idea to do a weekly web TV show aiming to pull together the photography community once a week with special guests from the photo world discussing chosen hot topics.
Every week he invites one Pro Photographer and one emerging photographer in order to get a really cool discussion from both ends of the professional spectrum. Each 30 min show is designed to give the viewers an in depth view into the world of pro photography, whilst matching up names who you probably would not see anywhere else, engaged in discussion. It also provides a fantastic opportunity to the emerging photographer by showcasing them to the photography community.
Of course I jumped at the chance and didn't really think about it until that afternoon when I suddenly realised that a) I was a skype virgin and b) I would have to talk about stuff and try and make it coherent, interesting and no waffling...
It would be Ross, me and a fantastic emerging Photographer Kerrie Mitchell and our show would be all about seizing the moment, creating opportunity and being in control of your own destiny. Sweeeeeeet!
It was so much fun and actually a really lovely exercise talking about my own experiences... I really enjoyed it! Since it aired the response has been amazing and we've all had emails and tweets saying how much people enjoyed it which is brilliant... it really does feel bloody good to share!

Catch ‘Photo Night Live’ every Friday from 7pm (GMT). If you would like to be considered for a future show, please drop an email to info@rossdeanphotography.com
Also I kinda wish I'd checked what was behind me as I'm thinking the mattress propped against the wall isn't really a good look.

5 comments:

  1. very cool! I really wish I wasnt in America so I could 2nd shoot for you!! (or at least ask you if I could) ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really honest, thanks for always sharing, you are an inspiration x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was nice to share some airwaves with you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. really enjoyed this! found it really interesting and you gave some awesome tips!

    ReplyDelete