26/01/2011

bridal flair... {hayley restall}

This is my first post (of hopefully many) where I introduce the wonderful talents that my beautiful brides (and handsome grooms) have which I think would be a shame not to shout about. I've been so lucky to photograph the most wonderful couples and more often than not they have amazingly creative talents so first up is the most gorgeous illustrator... Ms Hayley Restall (now Mrs Lockyer).... :)


I love to scribble. And I do mean scribble as I like my drawings to be messy and a bit weird. My favourite things to draw are quirky situations and slightly odd looking people, closely followed by children and trees. Inspiration can come from anywhere but I do think that the best things are right under your nose. The mum in the high street using a multipack of crisps for her baby's pillow. The lady in the train station, hell bent on telling you how many times her husband goes to the toilet. Drunk people, show offs, and expressionless children. You just have to have your radar tuned to the right frequency.



















I have a particular fondness for newsprint and coloured pens. No magazine is safe from the enthusiasm of my scissors and I am constantly adding to my towering pile of pretty patterns. It's the best feeling when you're hunched over a piece of paper, scribbling away, cutting, gluing, sticking, and finally you sit back and look at what you've done and there it is, blinking back at you, saying "Oh, hi. What now?".



















I live in Kent with my husband, my daughter, my cat and my coffee habit.

www.hayleyrestall.com

4 comments:

  1. Oh Emma, you are just the cutest, loveliest lady ever. You're becoming talent-central - amazing people just seem magnetically drawn to you...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love!

    Something so wonderfully innocent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of anyone who can draw - I often see things in my mind's eye that I'd like to draw but can't do them justice on a blank sheet of paper x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely drawings, too cute for words...

    ReplyDelete