08/06/2010

feeling connected...

Hello fellow photographers... this is a post all about us and our amazing relationship because this past week for some reason I am really aware of how crazy strong our bond seems to be.
I would probably say that I have quite an active social life... I have fantastic friends, some I've known for years, some a lot newer and all of whom I love with all my heart. I then have this other world... my photography world... the world of images and blogs and comments and fans and tweets and pages and links and posts.... and friends. Friends who I talk to every day, friends who share their work, friends who inspire me to be more. I sit here at my computer 8, 10, 14 hours a day (what was I saying about my active social life...) and the amount of love that circulates this funny little world in front of me is so special, so encouraging that I really don't want to take it for granted even for a second and I feel so very privileged to be part of it.
I've received a number of emails lately from other photographers from the UK and some from around the world (very surreal)... some saying hi, really like your stuff, some saying that I've inspired them in some way, some asking how I do things. First of all... this is NUTS! I email photographers all the time saying how much I love their work and that they completely inspire me and what the hell are they doing in photoshop to make their photos look like that?? I'm the student right now desperate to learn as much as I can, wanting to sit next to them at their desk or hold their bags while they shoot! But I suppose we all inspire each other in some way... that's what is so bloomin' great about our gorgeous little community. Secondly, receiving an email or a message saying that you like my stuff gives me the most sparkly, fuzzy, butterflies in my tummy feeling.. it's just the best and it spurs me on to work even harder and to ignore all the 'Everyone is better and you can't do it' moments. So thank you, thank you, thank you for being there and keeping me company in our little photography world but also thank you, thank you, thank you for giving me lots of nice sparkly butterflies.

I just wanted to add that there are also lots of bloggers/readers/brides to be that have also shown amazing support and are also just as much a part of the community...so a big thank you to you too... :)

How good would it be to one day do a mammoth trip all around the world meeting everyone!

24 comments:

  1. Thank you Emma, for this post! Your work keeps charming me, good job girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a brilliant post! This is how a lot of us feel and we are blessed to have our community. Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no, thank YOU! It's people like you are the glue that stick us photogs together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing lady.... you create your own world ~ right? Inspiring and feeling the love. mwah.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the love :) it's so important to have our virtual community when often working home alone. You are so inspirational Emma - your work is amazing :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post - and long may the social interaction between photographers continue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely - it's great networking with local photographers because I see them as inspiration and not competition. And visiting forums on Flickr and chatting on Twitter makes us all feel connected too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true and lovely! And so excited that we have become friends.
    Keep up your splendid work :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes and YES. So true. Thank you for being nothing but positivity. I quite love you Emma Case.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post love and i agree. its so amazing to think that even though i work at home...alone...i've got you guys right there with me all day (and night!) I love our little community and I say down with any bitchiness that comes from the sidelines!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post Emma - hooray for folk who genuinley apprecite the good-will, kindness and compliments of others :)
    Much love,
    Annabel xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely - genuinely brought a tear to my eye! Keep up your fantastic work & kind words xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, Emma, this is so great! I feel the exact same way. I'm so happy we're "friends." haha

    Oh, and don't ever think you're not good enough or can't do it!

    Love, Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very well said! I feel the same way all the time :) I really can't wait to meet more of you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don'tcha love it? Such a great supportive group of people. Your work is, of course, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally agree with this... I always feel that "everyone can do it better" feeling and get sad about it... I hope my virtual photo world opens up with more friends as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I came across you a coupe of days ago and have devoured a large chunk of your blog already, it's lovely! I love this post too, it's really warming!

    P.S I also laughed my arse off at the bit about "panicking internally" the other day, definitely identify with that part! :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's what makes photographers great, we do all look out for each other.

    As you now know I work for WEDDING selecting real lifes for the magazine as well as doing photography which makes me very lucky, as I get to chat to lots of photographers about their work. It's great!!

    It was actually the very lovely Chloe Browne at capture the light, who helped me out no end when I had my accident, but also suggested I spend more time in blog land xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Emma, I JUST read the article on you and your lovely photography style in Photo Pro Magazine. So I popped on by to have a read. Good to see your keepin' it real. That's the kind of stuff I like to hear! Take care and I'll catch ya on Facebook and Twitter- http://faithstonephotography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. ....and this just makes me LOVE YOU MORE! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cool post ♥ I really love your work! I get inspired by the way you take pictures and how they come out, I'm sure you make a lot of people happY ~ like me...Glad I found your page on facebook, you're so inspiring! Take care and I will surely keep shooting =)

    ReplyDelete