13/12/2010

kiara & john


We are so lucky. Kiara got in touch with me back in January and asked if I would be willing to travel to Scotland for their wedding? Errrrr.... hell yeah! They then booked the most gorgeous venue, Crear located in Argyll and I swear I have never seen such beautiful scenery in my life... it was absolutely breathtaking... and we honestly had the best weekend.
The morning of the wedding I arrived at Kiara's cottage and her and her family laughed and drank champagne whilst Kiara got into her custom made dress and Vivienne Westwood shoes. John then arrived and had quite an emotional first look with us all there which I thought was an amazing idea... everyone was just beaming smiling...
We then headed down the road for an epic photo session on the loch.... oh the colours were just soooo beautiful and these two just rocked it! We then headed back to Crear to welcome guests before heading in to the main room for the ceremony.
The ceremony was beautiful and ended with the most fantastic round of applause and quite a few tears too and then a hearty meal (which included me tasting haggis for the very first time) was served, along with some mighty fine speeches!
The evening was finished off with the Photo Booth and of course... a good old ceilidh! Now the funny thing is... most weddings that have ceilidh's have at least half an hour of tuition before everyone does the dance... nope, not in Scotland... they all just dive right in!! :)
Coupled with the wedding and the fact that we saw two stags and a massive bird of prey right infront of a car... we were in our absolute element that weekend. We love Kiara and John and we also love Scotland.
I also want to say a huge, huge thank you to the staff at Crear, especially Carole and her husband for making us feel so welcome and for the delicious food... certainly a venue to have a look at if you're thinking of getting married...


































































24 comments:

  1. I love your work! It's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite of your yet, truley loved it and it brought tears to my eyes..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    i have been close to tears looking at these. The first look photos are so beautiful.
    You have out done yourself Miss Case! These are simply breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! What a fantastically beautiful wedding, and your photo's are truly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shots on the loch are stunning. I love the look of this couple. The bride belongs in a Renaissance painting. I think this might be the most romantic wedding of yours for me. Scotland through your eyes look amazing. The kitchen sink look amazing too through your lens for goodness sake's! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is possible, that this is my favourite wedding of your yet. I know that I say this a lot, but I think it's going to be pretty hard to top this one. I love how beautiful she is, her dress choice, his grin, their beautiful bright simplistic ceremony and they even had a first look. Totally, utterly, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Were looking for a photographer for our upcoming wedding but like your clients can't afford a professional. After looking at some of your recent work we have made our decision and decided to splash out and hire that professional after all. Thanks and no offence intended. Lucy & Tom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emma, thankyou for your kind words at the end of your blog on Kiara and John. I just wanted to say that I have never worked with a photographer before who was so genuinely joyous. You 'get' people, and this is what is reflected in your photography - you know how to make people be completely and utterly themselves and you show what's on the inside as well as on the outside.
    I am now moving on to another beautiful venue on the West Coast - this time a secret castle (www.lungaweddings.co.uk). I will recommend you and your loveliness and your dedication and your genuineness to everyone that I meet. I hope that you are very very proud of what you have achieved in 2010.

    Carolex

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations!! the photos are sooo beautiful, that i want to marry again!! unfortunately, you are in england, and i am in brasil...
    i love your photos, emma! one day my photos will be beatiful like yours!
    :oD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your best work yet Emma! 2010 has been such an amazing year for you and your photography.
    Cannot wait to see what you produce in 2011.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous work Emma! I have been admiring your work for a while and will be sure to book myself a shoot in the new Year! An inspiration to many i am sure. Keep up that outstanding, charming, honest photography! Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love, love them! Thanks Emma for such a wonderful gift that we'll treasure all our lives.

    We all loved you and Pete too, hurry back to Scotland xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply wonderful. Definitely my fave so far! Rock on Ms Case ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous with a capital G! Wow, these are beautiful, no wonder the happy couple are delighted! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Got sent here by twitter. "I'll be back" You have a wonderfully unique style. These are lovely, lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Emma you are magical with that camera! Superb.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many beautiful pics - especially love the black & white sunset shot. And a wedding dress with pockets - ACE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was amazing! I almost wish I had waited until the full set was posted, instead of just linking to the preview. : O )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg miss case! Looking at these on my iPhone at Glasgow airport on way back from e-shoot with a couple getting married in Crear next year. These images are so full of beauty. You never fail to inspire and now I am very excited about going to that part of the world. Have nearly missed my flight as I was so lost in this beautiful wedding :-)

    ReplyDelete