17/04/2010

Liz & Steve

I'm not really sure what to say about this particular wedding as I feel like if I start talking about it I actually won't stop. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! Ok, Emma... start from the beginning...

Well Liz got in touch back in October and I felt an instant connection... you know when you just know that you could sit and drink wine together.... for a long while. She also sent me a picture of her kitten called Flo who was I.D.E.N.T.I.C.A.L (I'm not joking) to our kitten who was also called Flo... it was fate :) Me and Pete managed to meet them both before the wedding at the venue (and then the pub) and we instantly loved them both and seeing where they were getting married and hearing their plans I was actually ready to burst!

Liz and Steve were married in Worthing at the Worthing Dome which has the most amazing art deco cinema on the ground floor and a gorgeous sun room with a balcony on the first floor where they hold civil ceremonies and the reception. Opposite to this scrummy building was the beautiful beach and Worthing Pier.... errr... wow.

Liz wore a jaw dropping fishtail dress with a cute faux fur shrug, a cute pearl necklace and a birdcage veil... ahh man this photographer was so in her element! Oh and her shoes! Bright red!... yummy, yummy, yum, yum. Steve also looked pretty dapper in a cool navy suit teamed with a purple tie and matching purple thistle boutonniere.

The ceremony was beautifully relaxed and then whilst the wedding party celebrated with glasses of champagne I was given 45 whole minutes with Liz and Steve... (big grin). We walked along the pier and then found the most amazing little retro cafe along the seafront... (these shots might actually be my favourite ever).

Liz and Steve then rejoined their guests and tucked in to a gorgeous buffet and listened to the Father of the Bride's very emotional speech and then everyone watched Steve's very funny slide show story of how he proposed to Liz.

Even the table decorations were cool.... cute homemade vinyls with music legends such as Elvis as table names, gorgeous wild flowers and cute badges as favours. Oh and an old vintage typewriter for guests to write little messages! Everything was finished off with some kick ass music, lots of dancing and The Photo Booth. I'm tellin' ya the whole thing was just beyond ACE.

I'm not going to gush anymore I promise and I really don't need to go on about how lovely this pair are cus I'll tell them in person when we meet for a beer. Yay!

So I'm thinking you might wanna grab a cuppa due to the hefty amount of photos I've posted below....I just couldn't bear leaving any out.... enjoy!




























































26 comments:

  1. my face just got blown off. this post is steamin' like iceland right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma I love these! Such cute details. Love the dress + shoes shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG love it :) Would you do me the honour of letting me feature it on my new blog?

    Lousie

    www.whimsicalwonderlandweddings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to get married again, so we can do more photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are stunning!! I love the cinema, the diner and those shoes... Oh I SO can't wait for you to photograph our wedding! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! They're adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab wedding and the shots on the pier and cinema are awesome. Gorgeous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is your best set yet Emma. It is simply stunning! I love the amusements shot, moustaches, the monos in the cafe and the cinema... fantastic! You can tell that you and the couple both had immense fun. Awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowie Emma!! What an amazing shoot! Your photography just brings out the best in people and their surroundings. Love the 'amusements' ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly Emma, your images are all so beautiful and so personal. It's no wonder you get to work with such fab stylish couples. There is so much to look at in this wedding. I love the bold colour choices, like the bridesmaids dresses, while it still retains loads of retro charm. Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great, great set of pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emma - we're totally in love with you. Thank you so much for these pics - they're amazing. And you've made me cry!

    Liz & Steve xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Emma, these are such lovely lovely pix - I adore the colours - the vintage tone makes me feel happy and whimsical at the same time! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your work. Beware, you have a stalker..... ;o) Fabulous pictures, they really are x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!! Great job and a clearly great couple!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ***Oh i just fainted****

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is the most fantastic wedding I have ever seen. Liz and Steve have the best taste. I would have loved to be seated at the Elvis table

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I love these photos. Great Location as well!
    That molekine notebook is beautiful, any idea where the couple got it from?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi LJB

    Got the book and some pretty sweet tattoo inspired engraved champagne flutes off Etsy,

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Laserbird

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely lovely wedding!! where where can i get the amazing red shoes?! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Lucy Joy

    I got the shoes at www.unisa.co.uk; I think they've sold out now (I got them in the sale) but they've got some lovely pink ones!

    good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are beautiful! I love the beach shots most of all, but can't pick a favourite as they're all so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are fabulous!! Where were you when I got married!!? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are such amazing shots, you must be soooo proud of them. I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These pictures are truly stunning I can only hope that my wedding is in anyway as beautiful as this. I love your work

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rachel Maiden7 May 2010 at 09:08

    Totally amazing looking wedding and completely amazing photos!! Love love love them!

    ReplyDelete