14/03/2010

Helene & Simon

Can I just start off by saying that I am an extremely lucky girl! I am seriously getting THE best weddings and (I would put money on it) THE best couples too. Helene and Simon were sooo lovely and generous and down to earth that they made me feel like one of their guests... and what a wedding to be a guest at!
Once again we hadn't managed to meet beforehand (as they lived quite far up North and we were living very far down South) but once again, it didn't matter one little bit. I arrived and immediately was welcomed by Helene as if we'd known each other for years. She is one beautiful lady and when I saw her hand made vintage style dress from Dresses at N.o 9 I was internally squealing with excitement. Add to the fact that I knew that Helene wanted to walk with her Dad and her siblings (3 stunning sisters and a brother) across the little bridge in the village to the chapel this was all turning out to be pretty much a photographers dream!
The wedding itself was held at the most wonderful, romantic and sweet little Fountaines Hospital Chapel in Linton-in-Craven in Yorkshire and I honestly don't think I'll ever find a chapel that enchanting anywhere... ever.
Dinner and dancing was then followed at The Craven Arms & Cruck Barn in Appletreewick just up the road. The gorgeous barn was decorated with full rustic charm with fairy lights, gorgeous wild flowers, candles and home made parcel tag name places and everyone talked and laughed and helped themselves to bowls of sausage, mash and roasted vegetables. Now if anyone is ever passing that neck of the woods... you have to go to The Craven Arms. Their food is just incredible. Proper English, hearty food... and sooo tasty.... ohh and the roasted parsnips were to die for!
After the food the speeches and a brilliant slide show from the Best Man had everyone laughing and ready for some fabulous music from the band and some spectacular (kosak) dancing from the Groom (who split his trousers in the process).
The night was finished off with some more Photo Booth madness where Helene came into her own... that girl can pull anything off... glasses, hats, beards... they all looked hot!
So a huge thank you to both Helene and Simon for letting me both enjoy and capture your most beautiful day. It was such a perfect day and I think it's the most fabulous start to what looks to be a most fabulous marriage. I wish you every success and happiness and when I'm next up North lets go for a beer!




































15 comments:

  1. Cute shot with the ponies!! What a lovely wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a beautiful job photographing it... and what a gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. her dress is so gorgeous. simple and lovely wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Especially love the sequence shots right out of the chapel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the shots and most of all love your original editing

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely...wish I had gotten married in Yorkshire (that's where my grandparents live). And can I say that you are my favourite photographer? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots! Really, really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Emma. Your pictures captured everything perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your work. You did a great job. Love the dress too, nice to see something a bit different.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely awesome photos! I love your work. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh thank you all you lovely people!!! The support is so amazing! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful wedding! I'd love to know where those gorgeous heels were from - they're perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your photography sooooo mucheses! I am simply blown away every time I visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful photos. All of them. I just adore the color and atmosphere in your photos. You've got such a lovely style. That's why you're such an inspiration. Well done!

    ReplyDelete